This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Prep, Part I, for LIS

Tomorrow, I have my LIS surgery, lateral internal Sphincterectomy.

This is a report on my continuing health issues, so just go elsewhere if not interested.

It mentions poop, so don't read it if you don't want to know.

Since I was up until 3 AM last night in wretched pain from late-night pooping with the fissure, I figured, since I was supposed to start fasting at noon, and that I'd pooping late, so maybe the poop for the day would hold off until later, the way it has ALL WEEK, and I'd have two meals in the morning, an early breakfast (which I almost never get any more) and an early lunch (but no dinner.) Wrong. In spite of the late-night pooping, I started pooping again early this morning, so I was in WAY too much pain to prepare food.

I can't take ibuprofen, and the acetaminophen isn't enough to make the pain bearable.

Finally, though, I bit the bullet and prepared two fast meals, first breakfast (OUCH) --yummy oaty-egg crepes with a stirfry and then a quick late lunch (late meaning it was 12:30, rather than 12. Too close together, but hey, I'm not going to eat again until tomorrow night at the earliest.

The food prep was VERY painful, and afterwards, I had to take my next dose of acetaminophen a half hour early (bad) because the pain was just too bad.

The food was good though. There wasn't any sliced turkey, so had to use little turkey pieces I'd frozen for omelets, and fresh lettuce and tomatoes. They were cold and crunchy in the sandwich. That was my latish lunch. no exercises or walking today. :-( (so far, and doesn't look likely). (The kids say it's hot out.)

Now I am fasting, until dinner tomorrow or later.

It is very difficult to be calm, serene, and faithful ETC ETC ad infinitum ad nauseam when the pain is so bad I have to keep leaping about. Sorry! :-(. It just doesn't work, angel or no angel. I appreciate your kind thoughts, though. :-(

About poop, don't read this if you don't want to know:

The latest poop, don't read this if you don't want to know, was all covered with blood. And when there is that much blood, there also a lot of pain. The blood comes from torn tissue. Sorry to be a downer. :-( But like I said, hard to be all cheery and serene when in this much pain. And all smiling and gay. Or even smiling and heterosexual.

So, again, the surgery is tomorrow at 2:30. I have to be there at 1:00 so will probably leave here just after 12:30 tomorrow. I will have had painful enemas to rev up my pain state and no way to adequately relieve it so no, I will probably not be cheery and calm. Sorry to be such a disappointment. I may be incommunicado for several days or more.

By the way, the little computer with failed botox procedure report is still missing, so I may have rewrite it.

No comments:

Post a Comment