This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Small solutions: Finally able to take a Shower!!!

I've been unable to take a shower for more than two weeks, because it hurts too much to stand (my anal fissure.)  We finally solved the problem.

I had thought earlier of a chair or stool for the bathtub, but couldn't think of one that would work, and the brainstorming got us going on it and Keith came up, after other ideas by both of us, including my camp stool, with the bench for Graham's keyboard. That seemed perfect!

 So this morning, we tried it, and it worked GREAT! Keith put a plastic kitchen garbage bag over it to protect the stuffing, as I was afraid water would would get in through the stitching holes and rot the stuffing. I was able to shower. I washed my hair twice. I cut my nails, finally, they were getting really long. YAY! (It feels great, except now my skin is peeling off hugely and I will need another shower to get rid of all that dead skin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment