This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Report on First poop after LIS (lateral Internal Sphincterectomy and Fissureotomy):

Questions are dribbling in, asking how I am doing and I dribble out responses, and after a while, I forget to whom I told what, so I am writing ONE report now.

It’s still less than 72 hours since my LIS surgery. Less than 3 days, and considering how long I was told it would take for me to recover, I would appreciate some patience in your expectations for me. (It actually makes me sad when your hopefulness is out of line with reality, and I feel as if I have failed you or that I am bad or incompetent at healing or something.) On the other hand, healing energy, loving thoughts and prayers are all appreciated very much. What I prefer is a realistic (not pessimistic) approach. And stories and anecdotes from YOUR LIFE to that all my attention is not focused on the surgery site.

I was feeling significantly better (improved) earlier today, better than yesterday which was better than the day before, AND better than before the surgery. NOT WELL, mind you. I still had pain and felt “delicate” there, at the surgery site. I was unable to do my exercises or walk far.

All that has changed now, and I feel worse again.

The reason I feel worse is that I have pooped now, twice. Pooping was not only very painful during the course of evacuation, but for hours afterwards. I am trying to avoid taking the heavy-duty painkillers, since they cause constipation, but I may have to break down and do so. So far, I have only had ibuprofen for the last 3 days, counting today.

So currently, I am still bleeding and I am having an unpleasant and beyond uncomfortable amount of pain. I also slept very poorly and am exhausted. Worse yet, I feel as if there is more poop waiting to descend. I may have to give up and take the Tylenol 3 with codeine.

Just about 72 hours from right now, I was finally entering surgery after a LONG LONG WAIT.

2 comments:

  1. At about 6 PM, I broke down and took some Tylenol 3 with codeine. At this point, it seems unlikely that I will be able to walk or do exercises today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Yes, the waiting for recovery is a trial, and I guess the ups and downs are part of the territory. I have a good day and think I have turned a corner, then have 2 steps back and no patience to go with it. Jim hit a bump in the car yesterday and I burst into tears - first I have shed. Just tired of coping mostly. You have been at this much longer and I can hardly imagine. Dealing with pain takes lots of energy and it is that much harder when you have used up all you have. I'm trying to cut the amount of Tylenol as well, with varying degrees of success. Continued love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete