This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Butt Report for May 19, 2013


Butt Report for May 19, 2013

I actually did have an incrementally better day today than two previous days. A slightly “less-pain” day.

What exactly does that mean?  

I didn't have to take any "extra" Ibuprofens (the day before I took 7 instead of 6--and one day I took 8) and I didn't have to supplement with Acetaminophen (The day before I took 6 of those in addition to the ibuprofens).  And I didn't have to get up twice in the night because I was in too much pain to sleep and take more pain meds and apply hot compresses.  

But I also don't consider missing my own featured poetry reading and leaping about in pain and having to sit on a heating pad all day a "good" day.  

I took exactly 6 Ibuprofens yesterday.  It doesn't stop the pain, but it does take the edge off a little.  That is a slightly improved day.  

I have 9 days left before I can speak with the doctor again.  9 days before I can call for an appointment, then if there is to be a botox shot, there are several days of prep required.  And I don't know how quickly they schedule you.  Then 72 hours before the botox takes effect, and then the thing still has to heal on its own.  I am not eager to do the botox, but this is wearing and exhausting.   :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment