This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Going to the Opera with an AF

dark night of the soul #130515

In the morning, I was able to do my exercises and make and eat breakfast even after pooping 3 X --which may not seem like that much of a miracle--but for me, it was very hope inducing.  Then, I pooped a fourth time and fell into agony. All hope was lost.  The rest of the day I spent in pain.  Since I'm only allowed 6 ibuprofens per day, I ran out.

Last night, we went to the Opera, Aida.  IT WAS TORTURE for me, and I (mostly) wished I hadn't gone.  The opera was pretty good--but I had a lot of trouble enjoying it, and it was complicated by the fact that I hadn't slept the night before--I was so tired.  The costumes, pageantry and music were terrific.  If only I wasn't in so much pain and discomfort.  I felt like I was disturbing everyone jumping up and running around, but I couldn't sit still.

The pain was bad driving, and sitting in the seats was just terrible.  I had to keep getting up and walking around.  When I got home, I couldn't sleep because of the pain.  I sat on a heating pad with a wet washcloth under my butt and worked on an art piece.  Went to bed at 12:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment