This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pain Remediation

1)IBUPROFEN (barely cuts the edge when it's bad)(but helps some otherwise)
2)HOT COMPRESSES (washcloth), applied GENTLY to the injured part.
3)HOT BATHS or sitting on hot WET towels on a heating pad (protected by plastic and a dry towel)
4)WALKING--walking helps, but only if it's not to agonizing to begin with.
5)TOUCH, MASSAGE helps when the pain is not too terrible--relaxes.  Pain tends to cause me to tense up.  This makes the pain worse.
6)ENGAGEMENT/DISTRACTION: doing something deeply engaging helps with the pain isn't too bad.  When the pain gets too bad, I am unable to do anything else, including read.

These things help with the pain.  I hope they also help with healing.  I'm not sure about that, though.

NOTE:  If possible, take the ibuprofen and sit on a hot pad for half an hour BEFORE pooping.  This is not always possible.

I read that fish oil helps to reduce inflammation and that helps with pain reduction, but I do not know if this is true.

I also read that "bad food" (candy, sweets, snacky things etc, and red meat, especially fatty red meat), exacerbates pain.  I don't know if this is true either, but it seems that healthy food is more likely to improve healing than crap food.  However, different people have different ideas about what is healthy and what is not.  Sometimes, it's hard to know.  Food that is close to nature seems like what we evolved to eat, but that includes red meat.

I am sure getting good sleep helps heal, and here I am up with insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment