This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Jiggling (Pain Remediation)

I've discovered jiggling as a pain remediation for my "anal fissure.".  I discovered it by accident, by doing it inadvertently.

Sometimes, the very warm/hot compresses do not help.  Sometimes, they make it feel worse.

Sometimes, I can't sit on the heating pad.  It's weird when the one thing that usually helps the pain doesn't.

But lately, one thing that is currently helping is jiggling.  There are different methods for jiggling.


  • on the toilet, with the toilet paper, gently pressing and jiggling the anus
  • using warm washcloths pressed against the anus and gently jiggling them
  • jiggling the butt cheeks gently. 
  • jiggling the legs back and forth very quickly to produce a jiggling in the anal area
  • walking
Depending on the level of the pain, jiggling can make it lesser or almost gone.  But the minute I stop jiggling, the pain returns full force.  I think that it relaxes the sphincter, but this is only a personal theory.  I have yet to read anything about this anywhere else.

NOTE:  GENTLY is the operative word here.  too much, too fast, too hard makes it worse rather than better.

Problems with jiggling:  When the pain is bad, jiggling works best in the bathroom by the sink with warm but not too hot water.  I have to keep replenishing the washcloth with just the right temperature water, and applying it to the anus and jiggling.  When the pain is bad, I may be doing this for 45 minutes.  Unlike sitting on the heating pad, where I can use the computer or paint or something, or having a sitz-bath, where I can read, I cannot do anything else.  And it's tiring.

Another thing is, I don't know if it does anything positive toward healing, or whether it just alleviates the pain a little.  This is in addition to Ibuprofen and acetaminophen.  (Which, by the way, I took some of BOTH today because the pain was so bad.)

LATER:  I've stopped jiggling as much as possible.  I was thinking the jiggling was helping to relax the anal sphincter, but I worrying that it may damage the torn flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment