This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Canasa and Confusion (Self, pay attention next time) (I hope there is NO next time) :-(

I am very confused.

I thought I had an anal fissure last time, and that Dr. Barbe had given me Canasa for it, and that it had healed right up.  This time, the Canasa did not seem to be helping.

I told Dr. Beeai that I had an anal fissure.  That's what I thought I had been told LAST TIME, by her, when she looked at it.  I thought it was the same thing.  It felt the same to me.  It seemed to be behaving the same.

Dr. Barbe said Canasa is for proctitis.  It is not for an anal fissure.

He says not to use suppositories for an anal fissure, they just tear the rectum further.  (How can it tear it further than a bowel movement?)  So I stopped using the Canasa and prep H.  Yesterday, I was worse.

At this point, I don't even know for sure WHAT I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment