This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

WHAP!


WHAP!                  

I have a very gross but somewhat amusing story.  Don't read it if you are easily grossed out.
                   Every night at bedtime, I have to insert those Canasa suppositories.  They are hard, bomb-shaped with a sharp point.  My butt is swollen and inflamed and it's difficult to find my anus--I know that sounds weird, but the whole area is lumpy with swelling and painful and I can't see down there.
                   It takes a while to find the right spot, and it hurts to jam that hard, pointy object into those inflamed tissues.  If I don't push it far enough in, it has a tendency to pop out again.  It did that a couple days ago, after it had been in long enough to melt some, and was difficult to reinsert. It hurts even more the second time.
                   So last night, I pushed it and it slid out and I pushed it in and it slid out and I pushed it in and it slid out.  I carefully stood up, holding my finger over my anus.  I had not yet added the external ointment.  I stood there and waited to see if the suppository was wedged above the rectal sphincter and planning to stay in place.  It seemed to be.
                   I waited a moment longer, and then bent over to retrieve the ointment.  WHAP.  I didn't really feel anything special, as the bending was stretching all that stressed tissue--it just hurt.  But I had an idea what had happened and I turned around and looked and sure enough, the suppository had shot out at high speed and whacked into the bathroom tile.
                   I had to retrieve it and start all over again.

When I went in to the bedroom and told Keith about it, he pulled the covers over his head to keep from laughing.  He has some idea how much this all hurts, but it was kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment