This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What the doctor said

I had my poetry class tonight and waked at St. Clair Park between the doctor and the poetry.  

So I didn't have time to write about what the doctor said.

I was disappointed in what he said.  I was hoping for an easy solution.  Nope, no such luck.

I wrote about this in more detail on the Psion, which I will download as soon as I can, but not tomorrow, maybe, because Keith has his colonoscopy.  I have to be there to drive him etc.

Here are my options, briefly:

1)continue to endure and hope for the best.  No heavy duty painkillers.  The body, he says, will heal.  But when?  It's been a month.  
2)get shots of botox in the anus. 70% chance of solving the problem.  Must be done at hospital under anesthesia. 1% chance of anal incontinence.
3)have an operation.  95% successful.  1% chance of anal incontinence.  VERY PAINFUL, long recovery time (2 months of pain, no heavy duty painkillers allowed.)

I opted for part one.  If it continues to worsen or becomes unendurable, I will try 2. If that doesn't work, then 3.  Like I said, I was hoping for something better.  A better medication, for example.  Something more healing.

My pain was bad this morning, subsided some in the afternoon (with ibuprofen) and subsided more in the evening (with more ibuprofen) and right now hardly hurts, only a little.  BUt the cycle starts over every time I poop--and I only pooped once today, very early.

I saw baby owls in the wild at St. Clair park today, got a very good look at them, no camera though.

No comments:

Post a Comment