This blog hopes to explore the pain and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, anal tears, anal fissures, proctitis, etc, on a personal basis, and some of the possible solutions and, hopefully, the healing process. If you would like to join the blog, leave a comment with your email, and I will invite you and remove your email and comment. I am writing it for myself and anyone who has similar problems.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

RECTIV

How to use RECTIV
from here.
Rectiv, or nitroglycerine ointment, "is the first and only FDA-approved medicine for the treatment of moderate to severe pain from chronic anal fissure."  There is a limited amount of somewhat useful information about anal fissures relatively easily found on the site using tabs.

However, this ointment's sole task is to treat pain.  Symptomatic relief.  I want something that will heal the problem, make it GO AWAY!  I DO want the pain to stop.  But jamming a finger up my butt and wiggling it around when it's in so much pain already doesn't seem like a good way to heal it.  :-(

I read that some people can't take the side-effect headaches.  (I have not tried this, so I cannot report about the headaches.)

No comments:

Post a Comment